FROM THE DIRECTOR’S DESK
“It gives me great pride to expand our academy’s offering with our TNPSC coaching program .We will be applying the same rigour and innovative style of teaching that has helped us achieve an enviable track record of success in the UPSC examinations, and will in turn give TNPSC aspirants the extra edge and confidence that they need to succeed.”
TNPSC is the principal recruiting agency for the Tamil Nadu State government and has gained in prominence over the past few years as an increasingly attractive career option for many graduates, more so given the slowdown in other sectors, he said.
Inorder to succeed in this competitive and highly crowded examination, reflected by an ever increasing cutoff, aspirants need to master a wide range of topics in an effective manner within an accelerated time frame.
Officers IAS Academy, which is into UPSC coaching, has launched a ‘specially designed coaching program’ for TNPSC aspirants applying for Group 1, Group 2, Group 2A, and Group 4 positions of the state government. TNPSC aspirants will experience and benefit from a highly experienced and passionate faculty, a rigorous pedagogy, an evaluation rhythm through daily and weekly tests, and personal guidance and mentoring.
The above things are the hallmarks that have helped Officers IAS Academy establish itself as a force to be reckoned with in the UPSC coaching industry.
We at Officers IAS Academy offers coaching for all the stages(Prelims, Mains and Interview) of the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Exams.
Presently we have started batches for
- i) Group-I & Group-II Prelims
- ii) Group-IV and VAO
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is an independent state government body responsible for the recruitment of personnel into the state’s public service.
The selection process and eligibility for state public service commission varies for different posts.
Group exams are the exams conducted by each State Board. Group exams are divided on the basement of rank and pay package. Group 1 is the exam having higher rank and power along with pay package. Group 1 includes posts Deputy Collector, DSP and higher posts of similar rank .Group 2 consists of Tahsildars, Revenue Officers,.etc. Group 3 and Group 4 consists of Typists and junior ranking officials
Posts included in TNPSC exams
- Deputy Collector.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I).
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
- Assistant Commissioner in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Commissioner – Commercial Tax officer.
- District Registrar.
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department.
- Assistant Conservator of Forest.
- District Employment Officer.
Group II Services (Interview post)
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer (DCTO).
- Sub Registrar.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Assistant Inspector of Labout.
- Junior Employment Officer.
- Assistant Section Officer in Law Department/ TNPSC/ Finance Department/Various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Special Assistant in the Vigilance and AntiCorruption Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments.
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives.
- Senior Inspector of cooperative societies.
Group II Services (Non Interview post)
- Accountant in Treasuries and Accounts Department.
- Assistant in Forest Department.
- Personal clerk in Finance Department, Secretariat.
- Personal clerk in (other than Law and Finance Dept) Secretariat.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service/Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department.
- Handloom Inspector.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department.
- Junior Assistant.
- Steno Typist − Grade III.
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER, GRADE-III in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Junior Assistant (Security).
- Bill Collector Grade-I.
Junior Assistant (Non-Security).
Group I exam is a three tier exam and consists of prelims, mains and interview.
Preliminary exam is of objective type and contains 200 questions and a question carries 1.5 marks
Syllabus for preliminary exam
Indian National Movement
History and Culture of India
Aptitude and Mental Ability
Mains exams consist of 3 papers.
Each paper is for 300 marks and is of descriptive type.
Syllabus for Mains Exam
Modern History of India and Indian Culture
General Mental Ability
Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu
Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India
Tamil language, Tamil society – its culture and heritage / English language
English language skills
Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
Current events of national and international importance
Current economic trends; Indian eocnomy and impact of global economy on India
Socio-economic issues in India and Tamil Nadu
Interview carries 120 marks.
Group-II A (Non-Interview Posts)
The scheme of examination for Group-2A is a single level objective type paper of degree standard.
Total marks: 300
Group-II (Interview Posts)
The scheme of examination for Group-2(interview posts) consists of preliminary, mains and interview.
The mains exam is a single paper for 300 marks of degree standard and will be of descriptive type.
The general subjects / topics from which the questions will be asked are:
1) Role and impact of Science and Technology in the Development of India and Tamil Nadu
2) Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
3) Socio Economic problems of India and Tamil Nadu
4) Current issues at National level
5) Current issues at State level
The candidates are allowed to answer the questions either fully in Tamil or fully in English.
Group-IV &VAO (CCSE-IV)
The scheme of examination for CCSE-IV is a single level objective type paper.
OFFICERS IAS ACADEMY Study Material State Board – 6th to 10th Std (Samachier Kalvi)
Dharmarajan – Tamil Nadu History
OIA Study Material Indian polity-Lakshmikanth
OIA Study Material 9TH STD SAMACHEER FOR TAMILNADU GEOGRAPTHY AND 10TH STD SAMACHEER FOR INDIAN GEOGRAPHY, Oxford School Atlas, Economy : OIA Study Material
OIA Study Material
OIA Study Material
The Hindu, THE HINDU(TAMIL), Dinamani News Paper, OIA CURRENT AFFAIRS MODULE
தமிழ் இலக்கிய வரலாறு – மு . வரதராஜன் , Samacheer Tamil(Language) books, Class notes
Samacheer English language books( stick to the topics given in the syllabus) OIA class notes and worksheets
Science and Tech
OIA Study Material,6TH TO 12TH SCIENCE